Shadowlull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay & More.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So. What’s going on?

Go down 
+8
Sultre
taylornol
Dave`
Avis
Cymbaline
Project Genesis
Vorō
Ansuz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ansuz

Ansuz

So. What’s going on? Empty
PostSubject: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:35 pm

I just felt the need to ask – what exactly will we be doing with the Freeform section? A C/G copy & paste with the same kind of vague ‘modern-day-but-not’ world, or a completely different, clearly defined setting?
Back to top Go down
Vorō

Vorō

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:31 am

Do we want something clearly defined?

It's never bothered me before. :/
Back to top Go down
Ansuz

Ansuz

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 7:34 am

Well, I’m just asking what we’re going for, since there’s nothing up on it yet.

Being limited to a single city might be a nice change, though. Makes it easier for interests to overlap.
Back to top Go down
Project Genesis

Project Genesis

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 am

Yeah, with what Fellguarde said about having it focus on one city or a few cities is that you really get to develop certain areas. The cemetary that one person uses in C/G for one thread might be used a lot by different characters for certain things. One persons family or friend dies and he goes there for the funeral, a necromancer raises the dead to summon an army and attack the city. A vampire coven forms in a tomb underneath the cemetary. You also really get to highlight the NPC's much more. Since wealthy organization inside the city may be constantly asking for favors from the corrupt mayor in exchange for money.

An evil character that is constantly murdering people will be more pursued by the police since he'll be striking in the same area instead of just going from city to city and country to country and never really being pursued for his crimes. Why I say 'city' is that it might be fun for some serial killer from one city to move to another, or one gang from one city tries to move into another city and a gang war starts.
Back to top Go down
Cymbaline

Cymbaline

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:52 am

I'm tired of this posthuman arms race.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hopefactor.blogspot.com
Ansuz

Ansuz

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Duly noted.
Back to top Go down
Avis
Admin
Avis

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Ok. I see all of your points- I will be posting up guidelines this evening when I get a chance. (The flu is a bitch).

One city. Modern day- not post-modern. Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Ansuz

Ansuz

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Grime. I suggest grime. Not an omnipresent sense of it, but a few sprinkles of dystopian grimdark here and there. Maybe a ‘levelled’ city, despite the clichéd-ness of it, or one built on atop the remains of its predecessor. It’s obviously a personal preference, but geh, I’m a fan of the depressing, maze-like structures those two tropes imply.
Back to top Go down
Avis
Admin
Avis

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Done and done. That's one location. I think we should stick to two or three cities in the same general vicinity. I'm going to open up a discussion about the other one or two and rake in some input. As long as people stay active here, I don't see this being a problem.
Back to top Go down
Vorō

Vorō

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm going to second Fell's opinion on the grime level. A semi-dystopian city would be quite fun to play in.
Back to top Go down
Dave`

Dave`

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Wow some great ideas. I'm getting really hyped about this now. Any ideas for names of the cities? What part of the world they are located in? the culture ect?
Back to top Go down
Cymbaline

Cymbaline

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Dibs on a hotel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hopefactor.blogspot.com
Dave`

Dave`

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:48 pm

A brothel or pub for me. D:

Last edited by Dave` on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
taylornol

taylornol

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:20 am

a venice-esque type of city would be pretty cool too, as far as the waterways and stuff goes.
Back to top Go down
Sultre
Alien
Sultre

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:03 am

taylornol wrote:
a venice-esque type of city would be pretty cool too, as far as the waterways and stuff goes.

love this idea.
Back to top Go down
Dave`

Dave`

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Any idea when we can start posting threads?
Back to top Go down
Avis
Admin
Avis

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Like I said yesterday- you can start posting whenever you want. The guidelines just aren't up yet.
Back to top Go down
Baba.

Baba.

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:33 am

are we using earth? and continents? or new things?
Back to top Go down
Avis
Admin
Avis

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:42 am

Earth, but .. as it COULD be. Not as it is.
Back to top Go down
Baba.

Baba.

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:43 am

i propose a continent-rising project plz -- making a continent and raising submerged landmasses n' stuff frin watery depths. massive corporations involved. lots of black shady people and Councils of Vague Omniscience plz.
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:09 am

Alternate reality in the modern day? Hmmm.... Me like.

And Reve, yet again, you make my head hurt with complicated thought.
Back to top Go down
Baba.

Baba.

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 am

methinks you're too consumed with monkies.

'tis the bears that need disturb your sleep ._.

and i think it's a lovely and superfluous idea.
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:34 am

Doesn't change my headache. Besides, the idea's been taken. Read some comics. Or were we going for that? Damn I'm lost.
Back to top Go down
Baba.

Baba.

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:37 am

i imagine it's already been taken. but. so has everything else. ._.

excavating the cadaver of a giant under the pretense of raising landmasses for the betterment of the local society. -sniffs- that... smells like c/g.
Back to top Go down
Ravage

Ravage

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:40 am

And it smells bad. Let us never bring it up again. Besides, I never was a fan of world shaking exploits. The shady corporations I don't mind, but once you bring in world-wide discombobulation, then you just wind up with C/G again. Ugh, I said it again. Gotta go cleanse myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So. What’s going on?   So. What’s going on? Empty

Back to top Go down

So. What’s going on?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowlull :: Out Of Character. :: Suggestions & Questions-
Jump to: